Monday, May 8, 2017

"Never Give A Sword To A Man Who Can't Dance" - Confucius

What is the meaning of this proverb? It is really deep and I can't find the answer. I took a rest, have some sleep hoping that as soon as I wake up, I have already have the answer. After I woke up, I have an idea but I am not really sure if this is the right answer.

Never ask a person to do something that is against his will. If you do so, you will be in trouble. 

Never put words into the mouth of others. Provocative words can cause damage to the credibility of a person that will affect the person's family.

Never make false accusations to a person. False accusations is almost similar to putting words into the mouth of others. The only difference is putting words is provoking, while false accusation is pointing at a person that he did something wrong when in fact you cannot prove it.

Our tongue is like a "sword". It is soft but it can make a terrible damage if we are not careful to use it. To ask for forgiveness from a person that we wronged is easy. We can be forgiven but the pain that stabbed the heart of a person through our tongue (sword), can last forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment