Thursday, April 20, 2017

Tributes to Historians

Through this post and the coming posts in this section, I want to pay tribute to those Historians who unselfishly contributed to the knowledge of History in all aspects in this Universe. The study of History needs a vast effort to dig deep into actual facts of events happened in the past. 


When I was a student, I don't really like history because it's more of a memorization and I'm not patient in memorizing names, dates (most especially) and places. However, as I get older, I realized the importance of having a knowledge in history.  I finally got interested in finding out who discovered what, when and where. I realized the importance of knowing our existence, our purpose in life, what is nature and everything under the sun. I realized that without having knowledge of history can be likened to someone who is naive of everything and know nothing. Thanks to the Internet that is always been the way of doing research and connecting people. This section will also be my way of giving tribute to authors, editors, and publishers of books who effortlessly compiled the works of the Historians  for the world to know


While Internet can give us all the information that we need for as long as there is an Internet connection, books can be kept as reference for keeps and can be passed on to future generations. Books can be kept even for a hundred years. Covers might already been damaged, pages might already been faded and crumpled, but the contents still intact.

My late Uncle who was once an acting President of a University told us that he formed a habit of getting curious to whatever kind of reading material that he came across even while he is walking. He will pick it up and read. His reason, there might be a useful information that he can get even it looks like a trash paper. He is full of wisdom and I believe it is because he is a wide reader of any reading material. It is not surprising why he achieved that position.

More posts to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment